Thursday, December 15, 2011

SUCCESS: A Para-Gram by Paramahansa Yogananda

I have applied this Para-Gram time and again... I felt that I have chosen well in terms of work that I want to do but now I'm not so sure anymore.

This card came to me unexpectedly after I did some tarot card reading the other day because I was feeling very confused. It cemented the signs that the universe has been throwing my way as of late.

As the cliche goes, if there's one thing that's constant in this life, it's change. And right now, the wind of change has blown in my direction and whispered in my ear: "Take risks, take a different path and be great at it."

I know it's scary especially when I'm already living a life of comfort and peace. But my heart tells me there could be more.


The Para-Gram of Success says:
First, carefully choose your work. If you have not yet found something that satisfies you, continue to search for it. You must like your vocation if you expect to succeed. Each day, try to accomplish something, large or small, that you had always thought you could not accomplish. When you make up your mind to do something, do not give up. Success attained through determination and right action brings you more than material wealth; it gives the joy of accomplishment.

That's what I want, more than the joy of material wealth, I want joy of accomplishment.

And so I'll start small. Everyday, I'll do something that involves my crafts --- I'm polishing my crafty website, I've taken photos of my inventory, I plan to create more, and slowly I'll put them up on my new site.

Adrian Marie Adriano (owner of The Moonleaf Tea Shop) said on Entrepreneur Magazine (October 2011 issue) "If you have an idea, cultivate it and take risks." I've never really had anyone support me before. Even my hubby, no matter how much he loves me, is not giving me the push that I need. Luckily, I have the guidance of my self-help books and I am inspired by other creative people around me. Venus Williams, Olympic gold medalist and professional tennis champion also said: "You have to believe in yourself when no one else does. That's what makes you a winner."

I am far from being a winner, but I'm not just sitting around here either. You are only a failure when you totally give up. George Washintong Carver (Chemist who discovered over 325 uses for the peanut) once said: "99% of all failures come from people who have a habit of making excuses." Well, I don't wanna make excuses anymore. It's time to act. If I want to get from where I am to where I want to be, then I'm going to have to take risks. Make the decision to stop complaining, stop spending time with complainers, and get on creating the life of my dreams.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. Sounds like a quote from the book How to Be a Success by Paramhansa Yogananda. Good luck with your new direction!

    ReplyDelete

Share This Post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails