Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Fundamentals of Success #4: Believe It's Possible

When I started this blog, sharing about what I learned in Jack Canfield's book THE SUCCESS PRINCIPLES has been one of its main focus. It still is. And because I want to practice the principles I've gone through before putting them here, it usually takes a while before I get to write my thoughts.

So far, I've already told you the first three fundamental principles of success:

1.Take 100% Responsibility for Your Life
2.Be Clear Why You're Here
3.Decide What You Want

Now, let me share with you the next principle I have learned in this favorite book of mine.


The Fundamentals of Success #4: Believe It's Possible

In 2007, when I first read the book, The Secret, I learned that whatever the mind can conceive, the body can achieve. This was actually coined by Napoleon Hill, one of the greatest minds of our time. And true enough, whatever it was that I believed can happen, no matter how big (achieving my first million) or small (getting free coffee) it was, as long as I believed it could happen, it really did. And until now, as long as I feel good, as long as I remain faithful to the universe, great things continue to come to my life simply because I believe I am blessed and lucky.
"Neuropsychologists who study expectancy theory say it's because we spend our lives becoming conditioned. Through a lifetime's worth of events, our brain actually learns what to expect next --- whether it eventually happens that way or not. And because our brain expects something will happen a certain way, we often achieve exactly what we anticipate."

This is why those who grew up thinking that they will always be poor do end up poor while those who believe they will rise above it all, actually do. Just look at Oprah, a molested child, now one of the richest and most influential people of our time. So begin by believing that it is possible. Imbibe it. Discipline your mind to thinking so by saying mantras or self-affirmations every time you wake up. Sooner or later, your brain will be conditioned to expect what you want and will actually bridge that gap between your present reality and your expected reality, thus making your dream, whatever it is, come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This Post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails