As I embark on more creative adventures this year, I always go back to these ten basic principles I got from my current 12-week course on the Artist's Way:
- Creativity is the natural order of life. Life is energy: pure creative energy.
- There is an underlying, in-dwelling creative force infusing in all of life - including ourselves.
- When we open ourselves to our creativity, we open ourselves to the creator's creativity within us and in our lives.
- We are, ourselves, creations. And we, in turn, are meant to continue creativity by being creative ourselves.
- Creativity is God's gift to us. Using our creativity is our gift back to God.
- The refusal to be creative is self-will and is counter to our true nature.
- When we open ourselves to exploring our creativity, we open ourselves to God: Good orderly direction.
- As we open our creativity channel to the creator, many gentle but powerful changes are to be expected.
- It is safe to open ourselves up to greater and greater creativity.
- Our creative dreams and yearnings come from a divine source. As we move forward our dreams, we move toward our divinity.
These are part of the things I read everyday, after I wake up and do my morning pages, as part of my daily meditation, affirmation and mantra. Doing so opens up my subconscious to a greater power far beyond my human conditioning and power.
If you also have this yearning within you to be more creative and you feel like you are stuck where you are (a job that's starting to bore you or task you don't like, a relationship that has become stagnant, a life of sickness and chaos, etc.) read these ten basic principles of creativity everyday and see how your life slowly transforms for the better... you'll be more inspired to do things you've always wanted to do and you see yourself starting to listen to the creative forces within and around you.
Once you start feeling happier and less skeptic of other people's happiness, less critical of their sense of art and creativity, that means that you're starting to unblock your own creative self and you're going to appreciate more the beauty in each and every person, thing and event.
Here's to a more creative you this new year!