Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Become an Inverse Paranoid (Fundamentals of Success #6)

I must admit that this month has been particularly hard for me. My hubby has just set up his own business and like any new endeavor, it requires A LOT of patience before it can lift off the ground... patience which I'm afraid I didn't have especially when due dates of bills are coming up and the amount of money coming in is lesser than the amount of money going out. In short, I was in a state of panic and fear was creeping in. Out of fear, I decided to apply for a regular office job even if my heart wasn't really in it. I was crushed when I didn't even get a call back and I started to lose confidence in myself.

Then I remembered this success principle by Jack Canfield --- Become an inverse paranoid. I should operate as if everyone is part of plot to enhance my well-being. The moment I accepted and applied this success principle, things started falling into place once again. Because I changed my paradigm, I stopped feeling hopeless; I stopped doing things that weren't really making me happy; I made time for meditation; I started feeling fearless and happy again.

Now, I thank God for that office job that didn't push thru. I believe that it happened so that I can make room for four more jobs that came my way which I can do at the comforts of our home without changing the current lifestyle and schedule that I have been so comfortable with for three years now.

Like what Napoleon Hill, author of Think and Grow Rich, said:
"Every negative event contains within it the seed of an equal or greater benefit."

So whenever something happens, whether society deems it good or bad, I must believe that it happened for a greater purpose... that everyone around me is helping me get what I want in life, even if that means getting rejected sometimes.

"The trick is to realize that whatever you are going through now is going to turn out better in the future as well. Look for the lemonade in the lemons. The more you begin to look for the good, the sooner and more often you will find it. And if you take the attitude that it is coming, the less upset and discouraged you'll get while you're waiting for it."

2 comments:

  1. thanks Jen, you never fail to inspire me.take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pie! I'm glad this post inspired you. God bless and take care!:)

    ReplyDelete

Share This Post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails